VP of Risk Management Jessica L. Hernandez Receives “Woman of the Year” Recognition at 2020 San Antonio Business Journal 40 Under 40 Awards

Jessica Hernandez Woman of the YearSan Antonio, TX – Tuesday, January 31, 2020 – Generations Federal Credit Union (GFCU) is pleased to announce that Jessica L. Hernandez, VP of Risk Management, was named Woman of the Year at the 2020 San Antonio Business Journal’s 40 Under 40 Awards.

“This is an incredible honor, and is much-deserved recognition for Jessica’s contributions to our company and our community,” says Ken Raymie, Generations FCU President and Chief Executive Officer. “We could not be more proud of her, and are thrilled that GFCU continues to stand out in our market.”

“I am so honored to be recognized by the selection committee, but I would like to give thanks to my Risk Management and Call Center teams,” Jessica Hernandez says.  “Each of my teammates is committed to creating a better experience for our members, and this award reflects on their hard work as well.”

As Vice President of Risk Management, Jessica leads the credit union’s loss mitigation, regulatory compliance and operational support teams. She is a founding board member of the Functional Academics, Communication, and Transition (FACT) Institute, Inc., which provides academic and life transition supports for individuals ages 12+ with special abilities. Jessica also serves as President of the Credit Union Executives Society (CUES) Texas Council. Jessica earned a BA from the University of Texas at San Antonio. She is a National Association of Federally-Insured Credit Unions (NAFCU) Certified Compliance Officer, NAFCU Certified Enterprise Risk Manager, and Credit Union Enterprise Risk Management Expert.

The annual San Antonio Business Journal 40 Under 40 Awards celebrate young rising business and community leaders.

About Generations Federal Credit Union

Generations Federal Credit Union (GFCU) was founded in 1940 to serve employees of the City of San Antonio, expanding to serve SA Fire Department and SA Police Department employees. GFCU now serves over 50,000 Consumer and Commercial members with multiple branch locations and virtual banking services, and holds $562 million in assets. Members enjoy competitive dividend and loan rates with low fees, and nationwide access through shared branching and electronic services. GFCU seeks to enhance the quality of life throughout its eight-county Field of Membership by promoting financial well-being, as well as through supporting and volunteering with community-serving organizations.

Membership is open to individuals who live, work, volunteer, worship, attend school, or own a business in Atascosa, Bandera, Bexar, Comal, Guadalupe, Kendall, Medina and/or Wilson County, Texas.  Businesses of all sizes can join Generations for their business banking needs; and may offer Generations membership as a benefit to their staff.