The IRS recently announced that millions of Economic Impact Payments (stimulus payments) would be sent by prepaid debit card.
Read the IRS May 26, 2020 announcement.
Get information on how to use the card without incurring fees from the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau.
To access your funds:
- Pre-paid debit cards will be contained in plain white envelopes with Money Network Cardholder Services listed as the sender.
- Pre-paid debit cards will include the name of the issuing bank, MetaBank®, N.A., on the back.
- Before using the card, cardholders must follow instructions included with the card, and assign a PIN, to activate.
- Be sure to keep the card even after funds are fully spent. Future payments may be issued using this card.
- Cards are issued to the taxpayer filing individually, or to the head of household for taxpayers filing jointly.
Use the prepaid debit card for:
- Online and retail purchases anywhere Visa is accepted
- Cash withdrawals by ATM
- Transfer of funds to your Generations account by electronic payment, cash advance or check orders through https://www.eipcard.com.
- Check card balance by phone at 1-800-240-8100 (TTY: 1.800.241.9100), or through online and mobile app at https://www.eipcard.com/
Thank you for your membership.
Generations FCU Operations