Whether you’re at home, at the office or on the go, Smart Deposit lets you deposit checks anywhere, anytime right from your GFCU mobile app on your mobile device.
Benefits of Smart Deposit:
- Anywhere: Deposit your money no matter where you are.
- Anytime: Don't wait to visit a branch. Even when we are closed, you can still deposit checks using Smart Deposit.
- Security: Check images enter a highly secure service, so you never have to worry about your personal information being at risk.
- Easy Accessibility: As a member, all you have to do is utilize our Online Banking service in order to access Smart Deposit on the GFCU Mobile App. If you already have the app, simply update to the most recent version, and you're set!
This service is for Generations Federal Credit Union members only. Certain restrictions apply. Service is available to MyAdvantage Checking, Basic Checking, Savings and Money Market accounts only. Daily deposit limitations may apply.
Smart Deposit allows you to deposit checks via the GFCU Mobile Banking App directly from your mobile device. Deposits can be made into your GFCU savings, checking and/or money market account(s). Simply take a picture of the front and back of the check and then select the account where you want to deposit your funds. It’s that easy!
You’ll need an active GFCU checking, savings or Money Market account, as well as the GFCU Mobile App installed on your device.
Only domestic checks can be deposited through Smart Deposit. Specifically, the following types of properly endorsed checks:
- Personal checks
- Cashier/Official checks
- Teller checks
- U.S. Treasury checks*
Please note that the following check types cannot be deposited:
- Foreign checks
- Savings bonds
- Checks made payable to a business
- Third-party checks
- Post-dated checks
- Altered checks
- Travelers cheques
- Authorization required checks
- Non-negotiable items
- Money orders
After depositing a check, you can navigate to Smart Deposit History to see status of the deposit.
- A “Pending” status indicates that the deposit is under review and a decision to accept or reject it will be made in one business day.
- An “Accepted” or “Complete” status indicates that the deposit is being processed and you should allow up to 20 minutes for the deposit to appear on your account.
Please note that we have a Nightly Maintenance window from 10 p.m.-1 a.m.; during this time, you should allow up to 3 hours to see your Smart Deposit reflected on your account.
For a check to be accepted by Smart Deposit, all signatures must be within 1.5 inches of the top edge on the back of the check.
At this time, Smart Deposit can only deposit funds into your MyAdvantage Checking, Basic Checking, Savings and/or Money Market accounts.
We suggest that you keep the check in a safe place for 14 days prior to shredding in the event there are issues with the original deposit. When you have confirmed that the deposit was accepted and the funds have posted to your account, you can destroy the check.
No, please do not attempt to redeposit the check as it will be rejected during processing. If you discover an error with a deposit, please contact GFCU Member Services at 210-229-1128.
Unfortunately, once a check has been deposited through Smart Deposit it has been entered into the system and cannot be deposited through Smart Deposit again. If you want to redeposit the returned check, you may do so by visiting any GFCU branch.
Contact Member Services at 210-229-1128.