Future Leader Scholarship
Applications are now closed.
Winners of the 2019-2020 Future Leader Scholarship can be viewed here. If you missed this year’s deadline, please check back here in January of 2020 for information on how to apply for the 2020-2021 Future Leader Scholarship. Thank you to all of this year’s applicants!
- Deadline for applications was 5:00 p.m. Friday, April 12, 2019.
- Applicant can be a graduating high school senior, current undergraduate student, graduate student, doctoral, post-doctoral and/or continuing education, trade school and/or vocational school student. To be eligible, applicant must be attending an accredited higher learning institution during the 2019-2020 academic year (university, college, trade/vocational school, etc.).
- If selected to receive a scholarship, applicant must provide proof of enrollment or acceptance to an accredited institute of higher learning.
- Applicant will need to provide proof of Generations membership by providing their account number. Applicant must be the primary account holder and in good standing with the credit union.
- Applicant must provide proof of a current GPA of 3.0+ cumulative (average grade B). Transcripts must be uploaded electronically to the application as a PDF document.
- Applicant will be asked to provide the names and email addresses of two (2) individuals who can provide a letter of recommendation.
- Applicant must answer one (1) essay question in 500 words or less. See prompt below.
To make the application process as smooth as possible, be sure you have the following documents and information on hand:
- GFCU member account number
- Electronic PDF of unofficial or official transcript
- Essay of no more than 500 words
- Essay prompt: It’s no secret the cost of education continues to rise, making it more important than ever for students to be financially discerning. Describe a financial problem you would like to solve for yourself and your peers.