Future Leader Scholarship – Time’s Up!
Winners have been announced for the 2017 Future Leader Scholarship. Click here to see a list of winners.
- Deadline for applications is 5:00 p.m. Friday, March 31, 2017.
- Applicant can be a graduating high school senior, current undergraduate student, graduate student, doctoral, post-doctoral and/or continuing education, trade school and/or vocational school student. To be eligible, applicant must be attending an accredited higher learning institution during the 2017-18 academic year (university, college, trade/vocational school, etc.).
- If selected to receive a scholarship, applicant must provide proof of enrollment or acceptance to an accredited institute of higher learning.
- Applicant will need to provide proof of Generations membership by providing their account number. Applicant must be the primary account holder and in good standing.
- Applicant must provide proof of a current GPA of 3.0+ cumulative (average grade B). Transcripts must be uploaded electronically to the application as a PDF document.
- Applicant must provide two (2) letters of recommendation. Recommendation letters must be uploaded electronically to the application as PDF documents.
- Applicant must answer one (1) essay question in 500 words or less: Imagine you are responsible for creating a college course that every incoming student is required to take. What would the subject be and why?
To make the application process as smooth as possible, be sure you have the following documents and information on hand:
- GFCU member account number
- Electronic PDF of unofficial or official transcript
- Electronic PDF of two (2) letters of recommendation
- Essay of no more than 500 words
- Essay prompt: Imagine you are responsible for creating a college course that every incoming student is required to take. What would the subject be and why?