Future Leader Scholarship
Recipients of the 2018-2019 Future Leader Scholarship have been announced. Congratulations to this year’s winners!
- Deadline for applications is 5:00 p.m. Friday, March 30, 2018.
- Applicant can be a graduating high school senior, current undergraduate student, graduate student, doctoral, post-doctoral and/or continuing education, trade school and/or vocational school student. To be eligible, applicant must be attending an accredited higher learning institution during the 2018-19 academic year (university, college, trade/vocational school, etc.).
- If selected to receive a scholarship, applicant must provide proof of enrollment or acceptance to an accredited institute of higher learning.
- Applicant will need to provide proof of Generations membership by providing their account number. Applicant must be the primary account holder and in good standing with the credit union.
- Applicant must provide proof of a current GPA of 3.0+ cumulative (average grade B). Transcripts must be uploaded electronically to the application as a PDF document.
- Applicant must provide two (2) letters of recommendation. Recommendation letters must be uploaded electronically to the application as PDF documents.
- Applicant must answer one (1) essay question in 500 words or less. See prompt below.
To make the application process as smooth as possible, be sure you have the following documents and information on hand:
- GFCU member account number
- Electronic PDF of unofficial or official transcript
- Electronic PDF of two (2) letters of recommendation
- Essay of no more than 500 words
- Essay prompt: For many students, going to college is the start of financial independence – a time when students begin to make day-to-day decisions about expenses. Based on what you have learned thus far about money management, how do you plan to manage your expenses while in college, taking into consideration necessities for school (books/supplies), daily living (food/rent), and entertainment?